Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chaos, how do we live without it?

Well, the last 2 or 3 weeks have been quite chaotic for us...first our computer ended up with 40-some viruses and I just now got it back to a working state...not fixed all the way but useable. Second, Ty had a bad cough so I took him to the doctors 2 weeks ago and he had the start of pneumonia. Since we were there I had the doc. take a listen to Wyatt...good thing, she said he was wheezing worse than Ty. The did a test on Wyatt and discovered he had RSV (Respiratory Syncitial Virus), which can be very bad if not treated right away. The only thing is, is that there is now medicine to cure it since it's a virus. So both boys were given Nebulizer breathing treatments for 2 weeks. They are both fine now. Monday I had to go to the Endodontist becuase I had a severe infection in my gums, I didn't know I'd be leaving there with 5 stitches in my mouth when they were done. My mouth hurt and I was black and blue for a week. Meanwhile, last Friday, we were finally having a good day, both boys were feeling better, my mouth stopped hurting, I actually got a shower before Jon left for work and my cousins were coming to visit with Annelise, whose 5 days older than Wyatt. I was drying my hair in the bathroom and Ty came in excited that 'Wonder Pets save the Bee' was on and he went running back to the livingroom to watch it and I heard a loud bang. I asked Ty what happend and got no response, not good. When I turned the corner to the livingroom he came around the corner covering his eye and blood all over his face. 4 hours in the ER and 4 stitches later we decided no more running on the wood floors! It has been almost exactly a year since his last set of stitches. I'm starting to wonder if I should just reserve a room every year for stitches...BOYS!!!!! Well, that's our life and I'm sure it'll just get busier and crazier as these boys get bigger, stronger and more active. Here are some photos of our fun....

Ty and Wyatt with their breathing Treatments.

STITCHES #2!

Wyatt & Annelise!

5 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

What a life! Thanks for a great visit! We look forward to you coming to our house next!

Pam said...

Sounds like a crazy time! Even with a nebulizer, your boys are so adorable. Wyatt sure is growing!

Kara said...

Isn't it the pits when your kids are sick? I'm glad they are feeling better.

So what did they do at the endodontist that you needed 5 stitches? Is the problem resolved?

Anonymous said...

I think it was called an apoectomy??something like that. It's healing and doesn't bug me anymore, so I hope it's resolved.

Rachael Neal said...

hey - so i've been thinking about you this week. hope everything is going well with you being back to work! matt and I are going to ky for memorial weekend to see his family. we'd love for you to come by this summer! let us know a weekend that works.