Friday, August 24, 2007

First Camping Trip!!!





This was Ty's 1st Camping trip. We went to see the anual canoe races in Grayling, MI. It was 10 years ago that Daddy and Mommy first went to the races together. Noone ever told us how bored a 2 year old would get camping. Jon and I couldn't wait to get up in the woods and relax and about 1 hour after we got there Ty ask "Is it time to go Buh Bye?" Saturday was a long day and we did a lot to keep him busy; putt putt golf, walked around an antique car show and swimming in Lake Margarieth. He really loved the canoe races once they got started. He slept great in the Tent, it didn't go that way for mommy though. All in all I think he liked it because as soon as we got home he asked when we were going back to the canoe races.

1 comment:

Ann Marie & Cole said...

I love your new blog site. What a great idea! Your camping story sounds very familiar. I took Cole camping for the first time when he was 5. I was so excited because it was just me and my little boy. I felt like I had so much to prove. Would I be able to set up camp, a tent, start a fire, make dinner and get through the night? I was able to accomplish the first few tasks but then Cole, like Ty, said "time to go". He really didn't understand his mother's accomplishments and goals she had set for herself. I think the total time we were "camping" was 5 hours; 2 hours to setup, 1 hour to sit around and 2 hours to tear down. Oh well. What can a mother do? We went camping twice this summer and Cole absolutely loved it. I hope we're able to share that experience with you and Ty in the near future. Love Ya - Ann Marie & Cole